- On GP I don’t mess with Hipster Runoff, but I’m pretty fond of Carles’s musing on this silly NYT story about people who work in coffee shops. Apparently they don’t like noise, they don’t really talk to each other, and they stare intently at their laptops.
- But I’ll put this essay on the rise of the zombie in the Grey Lady’s plus column.
- Emily Nussbaum calls Community the best show on TV. And she’s right. I could wax about it but I’ll just say this: It’s a beautiful show.
- Vulture offers 7 tips for how best to hate the Beatles.
- The American Prospect is hiring a writing fellow for next year. I have a lot of affection for the staff and it would be a great starting point for a new journo.
No lengthy explanation for why I like this song except to say I dig the sweet reverb on it. I heard it first on the dope Pinna Storm August playlist. Can’t stop playing it: